Apply to join the Enabling Group
We are currently receiving applications for the Let’s End Poverty Enabling Group. On this page you will find out how to submit an application to join the Enabling Group.
Not sure what the Enabling Group is?
You can find all the details about submitting an application to be a member of the Enabling Group on this page. We would be very pleased to have a conversation with anyone who is interested in applying to be on the Enabling Group. If you would like to talk with someone, or need some help submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also currently receiving expressions of interest in the role of co-chairs of the Enabling Group. Please click here for more information.
The application process to join the Let’s End Poverty Enabling Group will include two stages:
- Submitting a written or recorded application
- A conversation with a small panel of people involved with Let’s End Poverty. If you are invited for a conversation, you will be contacted at the end of November/start of December to identify a time which is convenient for you.
Applications are open on a rolling basis. We will receive applications for each space until they are filled. We will update the spaces open for applications here.
The spaces currently open for applications are:
- Faith groups (excl. Christian groups)
- Frontline services (debt advice, food provision etc)
- Disabled communities
- Northern Ireland
- Racially minoritised groups
- National charities
- Community Organising groups
We will review the first group of applications in January 2024. The first round of conversations with applicants will take place from the middle of January. You will be contacted by email to arrange a time that is convenient for you.
This process is designed to give you the space to tell us what you think is most important. This means you can share as much or as little as you would like – there’s no word or time limit. We’d just like to hear more about you!
Submitting an application
You can submit an application for the Enabling Group in two ways:
- Fill out the online form with written answers
- Record a video or audio recording of yourself answering the questions
Submit a written application
You can apply to join the Enabling Group through an online form. When you view the online application, you can see all of the questions on the form in advance of filling out the form.
Submit a recorded application
If you are submitted a recorded application, please record yourself by video or audio answering these questions:
- Which space are you applying for on the Enabling Group? If you would like to apply for more than one space, please identify them here.
- How is your experience relevant to the space you are applying for? You might choose to tell us:
- How your personal lived experience of being part of a certain community is relevant to this space.
- How your volunteering or professional work is relevant to this space.
- Your geographical location.
- Your involvement or leadership in a certain group, e.g. place of worship or faith organisation, participation in a community organising group or union.
- The purpose of Let’s End Poverty is to work towards a UK where poverty cannot hold anyone down, by calling on our political leaders to take action. What aspects about poverty are you most passionate about tackling and why?
- How would you describe your style of leadership? What do you think this will bring to the Let’s End Poverty Enabling Group?
- Are you currently experiencing the ongoing struggle against poverty? If so, how do you feel your experience will contribute to your leadership in the Let’s End Poverty Enabling Group? (If this is not applicable to you, don’t answer this question).
Please email the recording to email@example.com. Include in your email:
- Your name
- Your contact email address and phone number (optional)
- If you have a professional role which is relevant to this application, please tell us your job title and the organisation you work for. (If you are applying as a volunteer, you do not need to answer this question).
You may need to use an online site such as WeTransfer to send your file if it is too large to send as an attachment. You can click here to find WeTransfer. If you would like some help sending your recording, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also appreciate it if you filled out an online form with some diversity monitoring questions. You can see and fill out this form here: Click here to see the Enabling Group diversity form.